Head of Climate & Market Transformation Program - Jakarta
If you are passionate about conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is seeking the best candidate for the position of Head of Climate & Market Transformation Program. This position will be based in Jakarta, and report directly to the Chief Conservation Officer.
This position support WWF-Indonesia's mission by driving government policy, private and public sector participation towards greater responsibility and providing advisory and technical services, and jointly securing resources, for WWF Indonesia's land and sea “place-based” programmes.
The Intervention in stopping over-exploitation of WWF-ID's natural resources is through the involvement of three main drivers:
- Private Sectors – The team of specialists will drive the private sector to take action, the sector includes banking institutions, consumer goods production, wood, pulp & paper, palm oil, mining, and energy industries towards more responsible policies through increased market pressure and close cooperation with the NGO community, reviewing existing practices, constructive engagement, and campaigning if necessary.
- Government – The specialist team will drive relevant Ministries and Agencies of Indonesia's Government towards more accountable policies, rules and regulations, through the constant engagement of staff, that includes the Ministries of Agriculture, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Forestry and Environment, and Energy and Mineral Resources, as well as the implementation of policy support in WWF priority lands and seascapes.
- Community – The specialist team will develop approaches to address exploitation activities by local communities, as well as advise and build capacity on WWF's site-based programs if necessary. The team will also support community empowerment programs adjacent to protected areas to ensure equal benefits from environmental services.
This work will be supported by:
- Strong communication that highlights problems and successes.
- Strong applied conservation science and monitoring focused on compiling general conservation statistics, and specific local tasks to support site-based programs such as forest status monitoring, HCV/HCS (NKT/SKT) assessments, and bycatch monitoring.
- Will work closely with site-based programs on supporting and utilizing their impact at scale.
- To ensure the effective performance and achievement of our targets, the work of the site-based directorate will be strongly coordinated with strategic interventions, whose primary mandate is to develop and ensure the delivery of strategic interventions, best practices, rights, and social policies to enable target delivery in priority areas.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of advocacy both at the national level (to national stakeholders) and at the domestic level (to domestic stakeholders) by conducting advocacy at the National level and providing advocacy support to site-based implementation teams.
- In addition to supporting other program directorates, the Climate & Market Transformation Program Directorate will also ensure that pro-sustainability equity policies and best practices at the national level are developed and implemented. It is also to analyze and map the positions of other stakeholders and assist design intervention strategies at the national and regional levels. Ensuring implementation of strategic interventions means that the policies are properly and effectively developed, mainstreamed internally, and support implementation at local, regional, and national levels, while contributing to the development of similar strategies in global networks.
- Strong coordination and interaction between WWF-Indonesia and WWF Global. In addition, the CMT Program Directorate is responsible for the alignment of thematic targets (Forests, Oceans, Wildlife, Water, Food, Climate and Energy, Finance, Governance, and Markets) across Indonesia.
The Head of Climate & Market Transformation Program will act as a member of WWF-Indonesia's Senior Management Team and will strive to implement good governance throughout the organization. The Head of CMT Program will also seek to ensure that the organization remains strategic in its decision-making and posture in the network and at the national level. Support and promote the achievement of the WWF-Indonesia Conservation Plan and build alliances and collaborations with various actors in the country. He/She will be responsible for overall management performance, including but not limited to, profile building, fundraising, and stakeholder relations relevant to achieving the objectives of the CMT Program and WWF-Indonesia in general. He/She shall promote adherence to WWF's values, including relevant regulations and technical procedures in completing his mandate and inherent authority.
Candidate must have a proven reputation as a mature leader who demonstrates a high level of personal and professional integrity, exemplifies this behavior consistently, and demands a high level of values and ethical standards from themselves and their team. Committed to the vision and mission of WWF-Indonesia and willing to collaborate with the government, civil society, research, academic institutions, and the private sector to solve conservation challenges in Indonesia. An energetic fundraiser, campaigner, and natural communicator, who shows passion and drive to save life on Earth.
To successfully carry out the key responsibilities mentioned above and meet the objectives of the organization, he/she must meet the following requirements:
- Possessing at least a master's degree in a relevant field is an advantage.
- Has more than 10 years of experience in senior management positions in conservation, environmental or sustainable development organizations as director, program lead, senior program manager, or consultant who undertook project management.
- In-depth knowledge of national and regional policy constellations related to forestry and climate change, their implementation in the field, and key stakeholders.
- Understanding of the latest trends and status of international and regional forestry and climate-related agreements, conventions, and agendas.
- Possess the stature, diplomacy skills, and technical know-how to speak on forestry or climate change-related substance at high-level forums, and involve senior government officials, private sector executives, and CSO and NGO leaders.
- Solid track record and experience in leading climate & commodity, finance, energy, and footprint-related policy change or reform programs in Indonesia.
- National and international environmental and social safeguards
- Passion for nature conservation and sustainable development, coupled with a belief in the WWF Mission
- Adherence to WWF’s values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Courage.
At Yayasan WWF Indonesia we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We, therefore, welcome applications from all sections of the community, and we offer a range of benefits to encourage a work-life balance.
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject of Head of Climate & Market Transformation Program, no later than January 14, 2023.