Marine Entrepreneurship Specialist - Denpasar
If you want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of Marine Entrepreneurship Specialist. This position will be based in Denpasar, and report directly to the Head of Marine & Fisheries Program.
This position will be providing support for the development and strengthening of entrepreneurship and livelihoods for coastal communities through strengthening community-based businesses, especially in the fisheries sector and marine ecotourism (eg business engagement, networking, and market promotion), to achieve the objectives of sustainable management and utilization of marine resources.
The scope of activities includes:
- Develop guidelines and strategic plans for market advocacy and sustainable seafood & marine ecotourism businesses using data from WWF and other sources
- Develop and assist in the implementation of the business plan of the assisted group
- Initiate and strengthen coastal community entrepreneurship institutions for the fisheries business sector and marine ecotourism
- Increase the capacity of the assisted groups in entrepreneurship (Agency administration and marketing)
- Increasing the selling value of fishery products and marine ecotourism services for assisted groups
- Promotion and marketing of the assisted group's business products
- Monitoring the development of the livelihoods of the assisted groups
- Establish and manage partnerships with related parties, especially in the fisheries sector (government, academics, corporations, NGOs/CSOs, etc.)
- Provide support in efforts to optimize project and program management (Work plans, reporting, etc.
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree (S1) in business management and marketing, economy. A Master’s Degree (S2) is preferable
- Minimum 3 years experience (or 2 years for master’s degree) in business management and marketing, economics.
- Able to develop a business plan (business plan), promote and marketing of fishery products and tourism services
- Have active English language skills, both oral and written, as well as good public communication skills.
- Highly committed to efforts to manage marine and fisheries resources in a sustainable manner
- Ability to work both independently and in a team and ability to work proactively.
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Courage.
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject of Marine Entrepreneurship Specialist - Denpasar, no later than August 31, 2022.