Fisheries Officer for Alor MPA
If you want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of Fisheries Officer. This position will be based in Alor, Provinsi Nusa Tenggara Timur, and report directly to the Site Coordinator for Alor MPA.
This position act as a Focal Point for WWF-Indonesia in facilitating the implementation of projects/programs in the Alor and Lesser Sunda Seascapes areas and managing relationships with target communities related to the objectives of the project/program, to ensure the management of knowledge, awareness, and local community support for WWF projects/programs -Indonesia, especially in supporting the development of marine conservation areas and conservation of protected species in all Alor working areas, as well as in other WWF-Indonesia working areas.
The scope of activities includes:
- Analyze data needs related to issues that will be raised in the local community
- Engage with urban planning, housing needs assessment, and revitalization projects within the city or community.
- Mapping and analyzing research or data to produce useful information to support engagement with target communities
- Implement strategies and maintain the quality of community development programs to support MPAs, Fisheries, Species, and Tourism programs in Lesser Sunda Seascapes, especially Alor
- Provide advocacy support for community development issues to support MPAs, Fisheries, Species, and Tourism programs in Lesser Sunda Seascapes especially Alor
- Manage WWF partners for community development issues to support MPAs, Fisheries, Species, and Tourism programs in Lesser Sunda Seascapes especially Alor
- Capture the issues and concerns of target communities which are then submitted to WWF-Indonesia as feedback for those related to project implementation
- Contribute to policy development and advocacy in Social Development expertise that aligns with the Project's conservation strategy
- Establish a regular educational program/discussion to improve the lives of the local community.
- Analyzing the results of discussions/surveys/socialization with the local community to conclude the best solution for both the project and for the survival of the local community.
- Assist the Site Coordinator for Alor MPA to provide funding support according to the needs of community groups
- Conduct regular evaluations of the local community regarding the impact of the conservation program being implemented and ensure that it has a positive impact on them.
- Provide training and support services to community groups that will equip them with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to empower their well-being.
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in fisheries, Marine science, social science, or science relevant to the project.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience with project management and implementation of activities with partners and work experience in the same field.
- Good crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
- Passion for nature conservation and sustainable development, coupled with a belief in the WWF Mission
- Open-mindedness & receptiveness to new ideas
- Good standards of integrity
- Sensitive and empathetic personality
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Courage
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of Fisheries Officer for Alor MPA - Alor, no later than July 31, 2022.