ICCA & Social Forestry Specialist - Putussibau
If you want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of ICCA & Social Forestry Specialist. This position will be based in Putussibau, Provinsi Kalimantan Barat, and report directly to the Forest Coordinator.
This position is responsible for and acts as a focal point for WWF Indonesia in facilitating the implementation of community development projects/programs in a broad sense both in economic issues through community economic development that adheres to sustainable principles in accordance with project/program objectives, to ensure knowledge, awareness, and supports local communities for sustainable and equitable management of the area.
The scope of activities includes:
- Ensure the legality of the management of community areas (customary areas, customary forests, and ICCA).
- Strengthening efforts to preserve important areas or High Conservation Value (HCV) in ICCA areas or assisted communities;
- Cooperating with other internal WWF teams in Kapuas Hulu and WWF-Indonesia as well as relevant parties in building a good management model for ICCA, customary territory, customary forest, or other community areas as well as developing environmental services using NTFP in it;
- Ensuring that the work plans that have been prepared and agreed upon are implemented according to the principles, timelines, and objectives;
- Coordinate with the parties in the process of implementing programs and projects;
- Provide assistance to strengthen organizational governance and community area governance that is better accountable, fair, transparent, and adheres to sustainable principles;
- Ensure that all program/project targets for which they are responsible are implemented, documented (data is available), and reported properly and according to the specified deadline.
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (S1) in Forestry, Development Economics, Geography, and other relevant majors.
- 3 – 5 years experience in forest management and community assistance in managing their areas (forests, lakes, rivers)
- Passion for nature conservation and sustainable development, coupled with a belief in the WWF Mission
- Open-mindedness & receptiveness to new ideas
- Good standards of integrity
- Sensitive and empathetic personality
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Courage
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject of ICCA & Social Forestry Specialist - Putussibau, no later than July 27, 2022.