Marine Biodiversity Officer for Flores Water — Labuan Bajo
If you want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. Yayasan WWF Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of Marine Biodiversity Officer for Flores Waters. This position will be based in Labuan Bajo, Nusa Tenggara Timur, and report directly to Flores Waters Site Coordinator.
Together with the Yayasan WWF Indonesia Marine and Fisheries Program team, the job holder is responsible for ensuring WWF's contribution in the field of marine resource conservation to support the government and related parties in efforts to develop and improve the effectiveness of the management of marine conservation areas in the waters of Flores, East Nusa Tenggara Province and support conservation efforts in the Lesser Sunda Seascapes (LSS).
The scope of activities includes:
- Carry out research, monitoring and evaluation related to marine and fishery biodiversity (ecosystem health, habitat, species, spatial planning, etc.) to support the development and management of Marine Protected Areas
- Advocating and providing support to related parties in efforts to strengthen and implement policies on the development and management of Marine Protected Areas, including but not limited to the development and implementation of "MPAs for fisheries"
- Assistance of community groups and related parties to increase their active and collaborative role in the development and management of Marine Protected Areas
- Carry out efforts to raise awareness and provide assistance to the community in an effort to effectively manage Marine Protected Areas
- Establish and manage partnerships with stakeholders related to Marine Protected Areas (government, academics, corporations, NGOs/CSOs, etc.)
- Provide support in efforts to manage projects and programs optimally (Work plans, reporting, etc.)
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Marine Science, Fisheries, Biology and Conservation Management or other relevant majors.
- a minimum of 4 years working in marine biology research and monitoring programs, marine resource conservation management and collaboration with research institutions/universities.
- Proficient in English both oral and written and good public communication skills
- Mastering and understanding advocacy efforts, community development and strengthening, as well as public policy.
- Able to work with a team with limited supervision and have an interest in working in the field with the community.
- Highly committed to efforts to manage marine and fisheries resources in a sustainable manner.
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject of Marine Biodiversity Officer – Labuan Bajo, not later than October 29, 2021.