Site Coordinator for Maluku Barat Daya — Tiakur, Pulau Moa, Maluku
If you want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. Yayasan WWF Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-ID is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of Site Coordinator for Maluku Barat Daya. This position will be based in Tiakur, Pulau Moa, Maluku and report directly to Inner Banda Arc Subseascape (IBAS) Project Leader.
This position together with the Marine and Fisheries Program team of the Yayasan WWF Indonesia, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the team in ensuring WWF's contribution to efforts to develop and improve the effectiveness of the management of Marine Protected Areas (KKP) in the Maluku Barat Daya, Maluku and to support SDL conservation efforts in the Inner Banda Arc Sub-seascape (IBAS).
The scope of activities includes:
- Coordinate the team in conducting research, monitoring and evaluation of the management and utilization of sustainable marine and fishery resources in the Water Conservation Area.
- Coordinate the team in advocacy and provide support for related parties in efforts to strengthen and implement marine resource management policies in the field of marine conservation area governance, ecosystem health, sustainable fisheries, marine ecotourism, conservation of protected and endangered marine biota, as well as community and community strengthening. Corporations in the sustainable use of marine resources in Marine Protected Areas.
- Coordinate the team in efforts to assist target groups (communities, industry partners) in developing and strengthening sustainable fisheries and marine ecotourism businesses and livelihoods, which include institutional and entrepreneurship strengthening, fishery and marine ecotourism business and practice improvement, building business relationships and market strengthening.
- Coordinate the team in conducting awareness-raising efforts and assisting the community in efforts to manage marine and fisheries resources sustainably in the Marine Protected Area.
- Establish and manage partnerships with related parties (government, academics, corporations, NGOs/CSOs, donors etc.)
- Provide support for the optimal project and program management efforts (work plans, reporting, team management, donors, etc.).
Requirements for this position are:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (S-1) from the Department of Marine Science, Fisheries, Biology, Environment and or other relevant majors
- Minimum 5 years of work experience (for Bachelors) and 3 years (for Masters) in the field of conservation/management of marine and fishery resources.
- Have active English language skills, both oral and written, as well as good public communication skills.
- Mastering and understanding advocacy efforts, community development and strengthening, as well as public policy.
- Have a good leadership spirit, the ability to manage projects and work teams and have an interest in working in the field with the community with limited supervision
- Highly committed to efforts to manage marine and fisheries resources in a sustainable manner.
Interested applicants should share only their CV/resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject of Site Coordinator for Maluku Barat Daya - Tiakur.